Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have you ever seen anything messier?





This is what Ava's room looked like after her two little friends left. Who knew three little kids could make such a mess. Guess how long it took them. I am not actually sure, but we were sewing for about 5 hours. Ashley, a friend of mine and her two kids came so I could help her sew a dress for her daughter. Yes that is Ava sucking her finger and sleeping. When I saw this huge mess, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, I knew that if I started to clean it now, I would end up getting mad and completely losing my cool. So I decided to just sleep on it and tackle it tomorrow.


Ava came running out of her room, yelling boo-yaa, with tights over her head, she's such a goof ball. She had us laughing pretty hard. We were also snacking on little conversations hearts, and Ashley would put a couple right by her sewing machine and Ava would sneakily come eat them, Ava did about three times before Ashley realized what she was doing. We saw Ava sneaking around the table to grab them and Ashley scared her when she tried to grab them. Ashley thought she was just eating them fast.
We have had a busy week. Ava just started the Golds Gym youth program and it so much fun. She can take swimming lessons Monday through Thursday. They also have gymnastics and dance and martial arts and basketball class. She has been doing so well in all of them. I can already see a change in her attitude. I don't think I was keeping her stimulated enough at home. Kalab and I were contemplating putting her in pre school or this and I am so glad we choose the youth program, She has so much energy that she would just get so restless being couped up in the house this winter. She is probably ahead of most the kids her age that would be in pre school anyways. She can write all her numbers from 1-10 and count way higher. She knows the alphabet and can write most of the letters. She is starting to sound out letters too. She loves to look at things and tell me how to spell them. The other day we were drinking root beer and she said "Mom I know how to spell root beer, A W." As in A &W root beer. She is just getting so big. I am glad she has two more years before school starts, I love having her home with me. I know I will miss her so much when she starts school!

No comments: