Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 23rd 2009











Halley Mae finally made her presence into this world. She was born on Monday March 23rd at 8:09. She was 7 lbs and 19.5 inches. We woke up Monday and went to my midwife apointment everything was the same. So I prepared my self for another week of being pregnant and we went to Idaho Falls to visit Kalabs Dad. We had some lunch and watched t.v. and about 2:30 I began to feel a little crampy, and then by 4 I was pretty sure I was having contractions. They were every two minutes but only 20 to 30 seconds long. I was pretty sure they were going to go away. At 5 they were still pretty consistant so we decided we needed to head home. It was a miserable 45 minute car ride. When we got home I laid on the couch with a heating pad on my back, which felt really comfortable for a while, then I tried a hot bath. The contractions were a bit more intenese but still only 20 or 30 seconds long, so I really didnt think I was in active Labor. We decided to call Tracy our Midwife. She said to meet her at her office in about an hour. In the mean time Kalab was a true hero. He was on the phone, packing the car, taking care of Ava and helping me breath and putting pressure on my back. We got to Tracy's office about 7:50, as soon as we got to a room, I was asking for an epidural. She laughed at me saying, Jarah you really dont want one and 5 seconds later my water broke. She checked to see how far in labor I was, and I think she may have felt Halley's head. She got on the phone fast to labor and delivery, demanded Kalab to get the elevator and rushed me down the hall as fast as she could. We met Kalab and a nurse at the elevator, where I was ran through the hospital in a wheel chair to the delivery room. I stood up and I could feel her coming, I squated down and pushed, I screamed like I have never before, it was such an intense pain. I waited for a couple minutes, then decided I didnt have a choice, I had to get her out. One more push and she was in my arms. I did it and it was awesome. I did it with my own strength and Kalabs tremendous support. She was born before I was even admitted to the hospital, only 20 minutes after arriving there, so even if I had really wanted the epidural, there was no time. I love the way we brought our beautiful little baby girl into the world, and I wouldnt change it for anything.








3 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

WOW! What a story. I'm so glad your little girl is here and she is beautiful. By the way, the 23 is my little sister's birthday.

Brandi said...

I have been looking forward to seeing pictures of your little girl! So glad that she is here and man, how crazy you weren't even admitted yet:) Hope you are doing well!

Workmans said...

Jarah--Congrats on the new baby!! I found you off of Newey's, I hope that's OK. It was so fun to run into last summer in Rexburg. Maybe I'll keep better tabs on you now. :) You have a sweet little family.