Sunday, April 5, 2009

Getting Adjusted

I love being a new Mommy! Halley Mae makes it so easy too. For the first week my Parents were here to help. It was so nice to see them and visit with them. They took Ava out and spoiled her rotten, which was really fun for her. For most of the first week I just stayed on the couch and relaxed, the ward brought us a couple of meals and a few friends stopped by to see the baby. On friday we had to bring her back to nursery to check her weight and color. She was good, so my parents took us out to mexican food. Saturday I was feeling pretty good so we did a little bit of shopping and when we came home my Mom made us some excellent lasagna. On Sunday morning they had to leave to go back home. Which was a sad day for Ava and I. She waved to Grandma and Grandpa until she couldnt see them any more, then ran down the sidewalk waving more. When she was ready to come back inside she was pretty upset and crocadile tears were just streaming down, and by that point I couldnt hold mine back either. Its hard living so far away from Family, and its even harder to say goodbye, cause you never know how long its going to be before you get to see them again. For the rest of day we just rested and wathced tv.

On Monday it was back to the grind. Kalab had school and work. It was up to me, to take care of the girls and I was feeling pretty insecure. Even though Halley is a really easy baby, she never cries, seriously. I opened the fridge to find my milk was bad and there were no eggs, I opened the cubbord to find green moldy bread. I had not a clue what to make for dinner either, so I ventured to the grocery store. It was really not as hard as I thought. Halley fits into our lives so easily. Its amazing the feeling that she brings to our family. Shes only been here for 13 days and all ready I cannot imagine my life without her. I know that she came at the most perfect time. We are so thankful that Hevenly Father is trusting us with his perfect little spirit, and that he let her come to our family. We are all doing great.

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your little angel. I've had Robert home for a while since he was laid off until the snow melts up north. There was one day when he was gone all day and it was a little rough, but we survived so I know we will be fine when he starts work again.