Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Candy Cane Bark

Ava and I love love love this stuff. Problem is that it gets a little spendy to keep stocked during the holidays, but there is an easy solution to that. Make it myself. So that I did. It was so easy, took maybe 15 minutes. I melted milk chocolate chips in a double boiler, added a little butter so it was creamy and a little vanilla, then poured it in a glass pan, washed the double boiler dried it, then melted the white chips, added milk and butter, while they were melting I put candy canes in a zip lock baggie and crunched them up, added them to the white chips then poured it on top of the chocolate. Finished verdict, not quite as good as GRIRADELLI, but very delicious.






Ava cant even tell a difference and she loved to help make them. This way probably cost me around $3.00, versus $6 to $7.



I made this Christmas Wreath. I really wanted one this year, but couldn't bare to pay the $20 to $50 dollars for one. I went to my local dollar store and got some garland, formed a circle then cut several little pieces and just hot glued and twisted until I liked the way it looked, then decorated. Its not as fabulous as the ones I wanted, but it will do. The only thing I bought was $4.00 worth of garland, the rest I already had. Pretty proud of myself, cutting costs where I can!

No comments: