Thursday, July 15, 2010

floating the river!





On the 3rd of July we felt really adventerous! So we took a little trip to Lava Hot springs, Idaho and floated down the river! The girls and I had so much fun! Halley wasnt so sure about it and Kalab thought the water was to cold, so they just watched us! Lava is a pretty cool little town, its pretty old and really crowded with tourist, but we had so much fun I know we will be back pretty soon! When we first got in there was an old hippie guy right behind us, he could tell it was our first time and gave us some very much apprieciated advice, "Keep your butts up when you over the rapids" We had no idea that the rocks were that close to the water. So every time Ava saw rapids coming up, she would yell as loud as she could "BUTTS UP" then it turned into "BUTTS UP 7-UP" and butts up dr. pepper, really anything she could think of. We floated the river for about 4 fantastic hours! I really cant remember when I had that much fun with my family! Ava is such a go getter, she would get so excited, she just couldn't contain her self! As we would go over a rapid, she would yell bring it on, I am ready, then she would ask me if we could make it go faster! I love her enery and spirit! Sometimes she is a little hard to handle, but she really shines when it comes to being athletic! She is really amazing and I am so glad we all had such a fun weekend!

No comments: